Become a City & Guilds Online Basics Assessment Centre
If you’re already helping people to improve their digital skills, you can now offer them an Entry Level 3 accreditation in Online Basics, providing one credit on the City & Guilds Start IT qualification. The assessment is based on the curriculum of Online Basics - a free online course available on the Learn My Way website. Learning via the Online Basics course takes only 9-10 guided learning hours, and provides learners with the tools needed to take the assessment.
What are the advantages?
- Build learners’ confidence and give them an accreditation towards a nationally-recognised City & Guilds qualification to add to their CV - a progression route into further learning or employment.
- Instant results - the learner finds out straight away whether they have passed or failed, and are provided with personalised feedback to aid follow-up.
- The C&G assessment and Learn My Way training materials can be accessed online from anywhere. Learners don’t need to register until the day of the assessment, making it flexible and easier for you.
- As an assessment centre, you don’t have to be registered with City & Guilds but can use our super-centre accreditation, greatly cutting costs and admin time.
- You don’t need any experience in delivering City & Guilds assessments, and we provide training on accreditation and quality assurance when you register.
- We take care of all administration and certification, leaving you free to spend more time with your learners.
- It’s simple to administer, and you’re in full control!
“With 25% of all jobs advertised solely online, we’re offering extra value to our clients – giving them basic IT skills such as turning on a computer, using a keyboard and showing them how to interact online. We want to help as many of our clients as possible through our relationship with Tinder Foundation.”
Paul Levesley, Pertemps People Development Group
What does it cost?
When you sign up to deliver the qualification, you’ll pay an initial £120, which will include:
- City & Guilds assessment centre set-up
- Administration and certification support
- Access to training webinars to support your delivery
Every learner who takes the assessment will also need their own assessment voucher code, each costing £12. We’ll confirm with you how many you would like to start off with (minimum of 5), and add these to the initial payment.
You can then top up your training codes as and when you like, and if you wish to charge learners you can set your own price (RRP £18).
Please note, sign up will cover your registration up until 31 March 2017. All assessment voucher codes will expire on 31 March 2017. The availability of voucher codes past this point is yet to be confirmed.